October 11th is National Coming Out Day, and I wanted to provide some resources for some of you who might have someone to come out to – a wife, girlfriend, parent, child, friend, or peer.
- Here’s a short piece by Abigail Garner, the author of Families Like Mine.
- Lambda’s tips for coming out are brief but helpful.
- HRC has a special section of their Coming Out Project pages called Coming Out as Transgender.
- The APA has a “Just the Facts” sheet that’s more geared toward the GL, but still has a lot of useful information on reparative therapy (for those of you who might come out to more Christian friends & family).
- And there’s the transgender division of P-FLAG, T-NET, which has a bunch of useful information for the family of transpeople.