This year, because US politics have become so acrimonious, we decided to bring back The December Project – the brainchild of Jenny Boylan, who understood how many of us are lonely and hurting during the holiday season.
Privately and locally, Dylan Scholinski and I have both continued to make ourselves available to trans community folks who need someone to talk to, even if it’s just someone to say “Merry Christmas” or to listen.
So here’s how it works: you email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dylan (email@example.com) with a little bit about yourself and we will write you back and arrange a time to call and talk.
- We do this because we do.
- No one is making any money.
- Your information will remain with us. Everything you say to us is confidential.
- We are not trained counselors. We are just friendly people who like to meet new people and to listen and who will judge nothing about you – not your identity, your sexuality, or anything else.
- If you are suicidal, we ask instead that you call a suicide hotline: 1-800-273-8255.
- Trans LifeLine is of course also always available (& we are so thankful for them): 877-565-8860.
- There are also moms who are willing to be your mom for the holidays. You can find these lovely folks here: http://www.yourholidaymom.com/
Stay well out there.