Two Tune Tuesday: With Love from Daughter #3

Posted by – August 9, 2011

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My father was a gentle man who lived a life of decency and took pleasure in simple things – music, food, family, & the Brooklyn Dodgers. He passed away suddenly yesterday morning at 83 years old after a tricky aorta surgery. He ate like he was 25, danced like he never might again, and quietly, simply, taught me everything I know about social justice.

Godspeed, Dad.

12 Comments on Two Tune Tuesday: With Love from Daughter #3

1. Betty says:

That’s beautiful, doll. I love you.

2. Claire says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your father.

3. jadecath says:

Oh, Helen…

Too much, too much loss in one year.

4. TrishMifflin says:

Your dad sounds like my grandfather. While my relationship with my dad was (and still is) strained, my mom’s dad took a lot of joy in life, and gave a lot of joy to the people around him. I’m really sorry for your loss.

5. buddha says:

Based on your description, I know a good piece of your dad now. Thanks for sharing him, Helen. I wish you & your family peace.

6. AshleyP says:

Helen:

There are no words that can assuage your grief. Just know that your friends share in your loss. Godspeed to your father and you.

Thinking of you today.

Ashley

7. Antonia says:

Beautifully put…I find concise writing can be difficult, but this was lovely and felt that much more precious to read. I am sorry for your loss.

8. Grace.Annam says:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Helen. It sounds like he was a wonderful man and a wonderful father. I’m glad that you had him, and that he helped you become who you are.

Grace

9. Donna says:

I just saw this, Helen, and I am so very sorry for your loss. It isn’t your tradition, but may his memory be a blessing.

10. Valentina says:

My father was 83 when he passed, but he. Had suffered from Alzheimer’s , so he had actually left us years earlier. What a touching tribute to your father. My thoughts are with you and your family.

11. jenalex says:

Damn, I’m sorry to hear this. He sounds like a great guy.

12. JennL says:

Your father was clearly a wonderful man. Very sorry to hear of your loss.