This year’s Lambda Literary Awards Finalists have been posted. In the Transgender category:
- 10,000 Dresses, Marcus Ewert & Rex Ray, Seven Stories Press
- Intersex (For Lack of a Better Word), Thea Hillman, Manic D Press
- Two Truths and a Lie, Scott Schofield, Homofactus Press
- Boy with Flowers, Ely Shipley, Barrow Street Press
- Transgender History, Susan Stryker, Seal Press
I highly recommend the last of these, which I’ll admit is the only one I’ve read this year, but I’m hoping to read Scott Schofield’s soonly.
In LGBT Studies, that Tomboys book is up for an award, & I hope it wins. It is the book I am most looking forward to reading now that I’m not teaching an excessive amount.
Even cooler is to see Diane and Jake Anderson-Minshall’s joint effort Blind Curves in the Lesbian Mystery category, and good luck to them!
(But I still think they need way more categories for transgender – maybe trans studies & trans memoir/other non-fiction to start, for instance. Surely there’s enough out there these days, & for years when there isn’t, they can just ignore the category.)