As many of you know, I was at the LGBT Bloggers’ Initiative this past weekend, feeling simultaneously like the new kid on the block and the old whore. Many of my fellow bloggers – I realized during a presentation on media access by Cathy Renna – are bloggers, only. It never occurred to me that being a blogger who was a published book author first was weird, but there I was.
Nevermind that for now. I met a smattering of lovely people who are active in the LGBT blogosphere, some of whom I knew before and some who I didn’t: Dana of Mombian, a whole bunch of the folks at Bilerico, including Bil, Serena, Irene, and Alex; some of the Pam’s House Blend crew, including Pam herself and Autumn Sandeen. Among other I ran into were Allyson Robinson at the HRC cocktail party on Friday night, Mara Keisling of NCTE on Saturday afternoon (at the infamous Mayflower Hotel), as well as Tahlib Disney-Britton of Freedom to Marry, James from gayagenda.com,Â and Tobias Packer of Equality Florida.
A more complete blogroll looks like this:
- BlogActive – Michael Rogers – http://www.pageoneq.com/ , http://www.blogactive.com/
- Boi From Troy – Scott Schmidt – http://www.boifromtroy.com
- Blabbeando – AndrÃ©s Duque – http://blabbeando.blogspot.com
- Burnt Orange Report – Karl-Thomas Muselman – http://www.burntorangereport.com
- Calitics – Brian Leubitz – http://calitics.com
- (en)gender – Helen Boyd – http://www.myhusbandbetty.com/
- GoodAsYou – Jeremy Hooper – http://www.goodasyou.org
- Greta Christina’s Blog – Greta Christina – http://gretachristina.typepad.com/
- InterstateQ.com – Matt Comer – http://www.interstateq.com/
- Pam’s House Blend – Pam Spaulding – http://www.pamshouseblend.com
- Nathan Strang – Buffawhat – http://buffawhat.com
- The Bilerico Project – http://www.bilerico.com
- UK Gay News – Andy Harley – http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk
- Gay Persons of Color – James Viloria – http://gay-persons-of-color.blogspot.com/
- The Mad Professah Lectures – Ron Buckmire – http://buckmire.blogspot.com/
- Mombian – Dana Rudolph – http://www.mombian.com/
- hunter of justice – Nan Hunter – http://hunterforjustice.typepad.com/hunter_of_justice/
- Project Q Atlanta – Matt Hennie – http://www.projectqatlanta.com/
- Existential Punk – Musings, Thoughts, Rants of Existential Punk – Adele Sakler – http://www.existentialpunk.com/
- Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents – Sue Kerr – http://www.pghlesbian.com
- Rod 2.0 – Rod McCullom – http://www.rod20.com
- JoeMyGod – Joe Jervis – http://www.JoeMyGod.com/
- Michael-in-Norfolk-Coming Out in Mid-Life – Michael Hamar – http://michael-in-norfolk.blogspot.com/
- That Gay Girl Tamara – Tamara N. Boynton –http://thatgaygirltamara.blogspot.com
- Get Busy. Get Equal. – Sam Ritchie (ACLU LGBT Project) –http://gbge.aclu.org/content/blogsection/1/76/
- Working Films – Lynn Casper – http://workingfilms.org
Really it was a stunning number of people who have a lot to say on various topics, but especially on LGBT politics & culture. Do go check them out – there’s a lot of people doing very interesting things.
But mostly I wanted to thank my lovely partner Betty, who couldn’t attend because she was in CO, but without whose help I never would have been there. She was the one who encouraged me to blog way back when, and who encouraged me to blog daily a while after that, & who continues to be my loving tech support.