Leaving WI

Posted by – March 22, 2008

Well, we leave Wisconsin today, drive home through Illinois and Ohio and Pennsylvania and whatever other states I’m forgetting, and in a few days we’ll be back in Park Slope.

I’m sure I’ll be happy to be home. I hope I’ll be happy to be home. But wow did I enjoy living in Wisconsin. & Believe me, that surprises me more than it surprises just about anyone else.

I’ll try to blog from the road.

16 Comments on Leaving WI

1. Diane Frank says:

With all the snow? Heavens!

Diane

2. SavoyTruffle says:

Farewell, and safe travels. You will be missed by many, very much.

3. Leah B says:

Wisconsin is a beautiful state! Especially up north where you were. Us midwesterners like to gripe, but we know we’ve got our charms too. :)

4. Catrina says:

It was a more snowy winter than usual. I went to prep school in Beaver Dam Wi. I can not remember when Wisconsin had as much snow as this season nor can I remember it being as cold as it was this year.

Catrina

5. Catrina says:

You do a “great” Marlene Dietrich (one of the rotating pictures on the site) or is that Betty?

6. Susie G says:

Thank you Helen for visiting our state. It was our pleasure to have you here. Do come back and visit any time. I really enjoyed spending time with you and getting to know such a wonderful person.
    Have a safe trip home and look forward to you returning some day.

7. christinesus says:

Please have a safe journey home, and be sure to drive carefully. The fuzzballs await your attention when you walk through the door.

Christine.

8. 3thingsaboyneeds says:

Drive safely and have fun! We’ll miss you at LU!

9. nmonster says:

You’re forgetting Indiana…which is not too surprising since the Indiana Toll Road isn’t exactly known as a scenic drive :) .

10. Leah B says:

The Indiana Toll Road is a blight on the American landscape. If you can spare the time, take highway 20 instead. Cuts right through Amish country. Very scenic and charming.

11. SavoyTruffle says:

but then you miss the charm of Geidi Prime at Night. Sorry, Gary.

Onward, you two! Ohio and Pennsylvania only take, what, 6 months to cross? :D

12. Wisconsin is not Giedi Prime. It looks more like where we live. :p

Hell, Wisconsin is freakin’ Caladan compared to where we are. Wait…I’ve called this place “Arrakis.” Never mind. :)

13. I never saw such a booooring stretch of highway than the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

14. Betty says:

Oy.

We just got in and already that cats are acting like they’ve never met.

And yes, I-80 blows.

:D

15. nmonster says:

Agreed, Leah. Highway 12 in northwest Indiana is almost as charming :)