The Photo Shoot

Posted by – July 26, 2006

I’m not putting up any of the possible book cover photos – that would be cheating! – but there are some other shots that we took that I thought I’d share. Last time around media folks seemed to want photos of us together, so for publicity’s sake I had our photographer take some of us together.

It was a pretty nutty experience all around, and almost nothing like the shoot for the MHB cover. For starters, we already knew the photographer (she was our wedding photographer, actually) and she took my author headshots not long ago. It was all around less tense, with fewer wardrobe changes, and with no art director on hand. It seems important to point out that these are not the best of the lot; I’m saving those.

So there you go. Our next job is to pick our favorites that were shot for the cover & send them on to the design team at Seal. As soon as there’s a cover, I’ll be putting it up here so you can all get a look-see.

13 Comments on The Photo Shoot

1. Gay rights group hoping to win consultative statuÂ… Source: Transsexual News ,Transgendered News and Crossdressing News Updated Daily. Transgender, NEWS Jul 26 – Does Gingko Biloba Count? Jul 25 – The Photo Shoot Jul 24 – Photo Betty Source: (en)Gender Jul 24 – GenderTalk #568: Nangeroni Trio & Transactivist PÂ… Jul 17 – GenderTalk #567: Cambridge Trans Care & Trans KinÂ… Jul 10 – GenderTalk #566: Hello Cruel World

2. caprice says:

Re the second picture: Helen, does Barbra Streisand know you stole her haircut?

3. kiss of athena says:

Hey! I like that picture!

4. sungo says:

If there aren’t the best of the lot, god help us all. You two are so adorable:)

5. Red says:

I love the one of the both of you looking at the camera. You both look great!

6. LaSirenaBella says:

Oh, Caprice,

Don’t insult Helen like that. :p

They are adorable, aren’t they? :)

7. caprice says:

Hey, I think Barbra Streisand looks great–as does Helen, and the other one, what’s- her-name.;)

8. Donna says:

I love the photos; you both look amazingly beautiful.

Donna

9. VeronicaMoonlit says:

Cute! Adorable!

Veronica

10. Marlena Dahlstrom says:

Beautoi!

11. Beauty says:

Awwwwww

You both look so great. I think I like the top one the best, but they are both great.

Gracie

12. tamlin says:

I just want to add the same thing, you are both beautiful!

13. miss carolyn says:

Helen & Betty… America’s new “Power Couple”! What else can I say?

Good luck! Can’t wait to read the new book.

73’s – Carolyn