- She’s Not the Man I Married: My Life with a Transgender Husband. Emeryville: Seal Press, Winter 2007.
- My Husband Betty: Love, Sex and Life with a Crossdresser. New York: Thunder’s Mouth Press, 2004.
Essays in Anthologies
- “All Girl Action” in Take Me There. Ed. Tristan Taormino.Berkeley: Cleis Press, 2011.
- “Chapter 8: Relationships,” in Trans Bodies, Trans Selves. Ed. Laura Erickson-Shroth, MD.
- “Not So Straight Laced,” In Transforming Community: Stories from Merging Trans and Queer Communities, edited by Julia Serano and Michelle Tea. San Francisco, Suspect Thoughts Press, 2008.
- “Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa,” In Queer + Catholic, edited by Amie M. Evans and Trebor Healey. Binghamton, NY: Haworth Press, 2008.
- “Halloween,” in Cross Dressing: Erotic Stories, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel. San Francisco: Cleis Press, 2007.
- “Persephone,” In Nobody Passes: Rejecting the Rules of Gender and Conformity,edited by Matt(ilda) Bernstein Sycamore. Emeryville: Seal Press, 2006.
- “The Wife,” In Crossing Sexual Boundaries: Transgender Journeys, Uncharted Paths, edited by Vern Bullough and Ari Kane-DeMaios. New York: Prometheus Books, 2006.
- “Helen Boyd’s Story,” In He or She?, edited by Vicky Lee. London: WayOut Publishing, 2005.
Journals & Magazines
- review of Nina Here Nor There & Tango in make/shift, Issue 11
- “A Gender-y Sort” Our Lives magazine, July/August 2011
- “How a Feminist Found Her Sexism,” On the Issuesmagazine / AlterNet, Summer 2009
- “Cat of Nine Tale,” Global City Review, Spring 2009
- Review of Alice in Genderland, Transgender Tapestry #110, 2006
- Review of Branded T, in Trangender Tapestry #107, 2005
- “More Than Executive Transvestite,” Girl Talk, Fall 2003
- “Moray,” Promethean (CCNY), 1993
- 2011 Fair Wisconsin Community Activist Award
- 2008 Honored Finalist for A Room of Her Own Foundation’s Gift of Freedom
- 2007 Lambda Literary Award Nominee for She’s Not the Man I Married
- 2004 Lambda Literary Award Finalist for My Husband Betty