I’ll be doing a workshop at the Wisconsin LGBTQ Summit in Milwaukee on February 25th. My session description goes like so:
Trans Advocacy for Trans Families
As a non-trans trans advocate, Helen Boyd has been educating trans and non-trans people alike for many years on issues of concern to the trans community. Topics will include: Trans 101 education, political activism, community membership, safe spaces. Special attention will be given to the diversity within the trans community – including partners, parents, and kids of trans people, as well as GNC and non-binary identities.
Helen Boyd is the author of two books about life with a trans partner, My Husband Betty and She’s Not the Man I Married. She’s been writing a blog about gender and trans issues for more than a decade, has spoken at numerous conferences, and currently teaches gender studies at Lawrence University.
Do register in time to reserve your spot. Other workshops include:
- Violence in the LGBTQ Community
- Intersectionality of Ethnicity & Gender: Where We Are Now, and Where We Need to Be
- Queering the Environmental Justice Movement
- LGBTQ Rights, School, Bullying, Law Enforcement, and You
- Challenges and Gifts of LGBTQ Seniors
- The Many Ways of Celebrating LGBTQ Spiritual and Religious Diversity