Honestly, this is the way I feel about Obama being president:
and within the LGBT community especially, as if I’m surrounded by people who can’t give it a minute to get back from space.
In five months:
- Lily Ledbetter
- funding the UNFPA
- children’s health insurance
- troops to Afghanistan
- stem cell research funded
- lifting Cuban travel restrictions
- Kathleen Sebelius
- signing the UN document decriminalizing homosexuality
- creation of White House Council on Women & Girls
- created Post for Int’l Women’s Issues
- same sex partner benefits for Federal employees
Plenty to do, but all of these things were pipe dreams before.