Trans for Obama Day

Posted by – September 29, 2008

The National Stonewall Democrats have a page for trans people + allies to donate to Barack Obama’s campaign, which is a damned cool idea. Before this campaign started, over 105 people donated $5400, which is damned cool too. But if we really want to make ourselves visible – even in a small way – we should try to get that number – and the amount of participants – higher. So if you’re trans, or a trans ally, & support Barack Obama financially, do consider donating to his campaign through the site.

& Then tell two friends, so they tell two friends… by the end of the day we can easily surpass a couple of people on ActBlue’s list of top online donors. Post the info on your personal blog – on Yahoo 360, or LJ, or Facebook, or to a community message boards you post on.

I’ve started a Trans for Obama event on Facebook, too.

8 Comments on Trans for Obama Day

1. Betty says:

I’m in. Of course I’m with Helen on this, but dammit I’m in.

2. katebornstein says:

I’m proud to be blogging shoulder to shoulder with ya on Trans-blog Day. In fact, I’d like doing anything shoulder to shoulder with you, Ms. Helen. Crossing my fingers for an amazing turnout. kiss kiss, Kate

3. Véronique says:

Thanks for the Facebook event. I used that link to make a donation. Obama in 2008!

4. Véronique says:

Oh, and I posted the donation site link on Twitter too, with comment.

5. Donna says:

I just donated, too — I’m impressed that the thermometer immediately reflected it.

Donna

6. [...] Glob: Trans-blog day for Obama * A Dahl’s House: Trans for Obama Day * En|Gender: Trans for Obama Day * Kate Bornstein’s Blog for Teens, Freaks and Other Outlaws: Gender Outlaws for Obama * [...]

7. Madame George says:

Done. Better late than never. A big congratulations to all the bloggers who helped spread the word today. It made me very proud of all of you.