Good as Barefoot

Posted by – April 29, 2008

For those of you with foot or leg problems, get yourself a pair of MBTs. MBT stands for ‘Masai Barefoot Technology’ and they are amazing. As many of you know, I have one flat foot – which causes endless alignment problems for my entire spine, both shoulders, etc.

I borrowed my sister’s to get a feel for them after having them recommended by my favorite masseuse, and it was like I had no problems with my feet at all. They work your entire leg, straighten your posture, practically eliminate pain.

The only downside – and I know this might be a deal breaker for many of you – is that they only come in ugly, fugly, and not so ugly.

Still. You get some long flares & go about your day with no pain in your feet & give your legs a remarkable workout. & If you think I’m exaggerating, read the user comments for one model on Zappo’s. (This is the model I bought, though I found a pair on ebay.com for $100 less, but you have to know your EUR size to be able to buy them there.)

5 Comments on Good as Barefoot

1. VivaZoya says:

How timely, Helen, I’ve been experiencing increasing pain (severe) in my feet and legs lately. I have very flat feet, and it’s never been a picnic, but I seriously think I’m getting arthritis in my feet. I’ve been fantasizing about going to a podiatrist as SOON as I get a new job with great medical benefits, and getting fabulous new feet transplants. But maybe these shoes will be less traumatic! ;) I will bookmark!

2. Red says:

hey now!

we are on the same wavelength, lady. i just read a whole article in new york magazine (late to the party, as ever) about no-shoes shoes. and i’m going to buy a pair of vivo barefoots to try them out. my foot and back pain has only increased over the past few years, even with my danskos, and i reaaallly want to feel better. so vivo barefoot it is!

3. rocketqueen says:

Woah — I have flat feet, not polio!

ha! the ones i just got – the sports ones – just look like sneakers, really. i just never owned a pair of these giant architectural type sneakers before.

i’d recommend earth shoes, too, for those of you who always have tight calves / legs / lower back pain. they even have some styles you might call pretty: